Sunday, October 18, 2009

Tech Tips: Posterous.com

Have you thought about blogging, but are a little intimidated by the setup process? Not sure which platform to select? Maybe you just want a place to very quickly add photos while on the go?

www.Posterous.com is a great place to start!

Here are some of the great benefits of using Posterous either as your first blog platform, or (if you're already blogging) another place to collect your thoughts, photos and videos in one place:

- To start, all you have to do is send an email to post@posterous.com. THAT'S IT!

- Easily add text posts by emailing your blog posts to post@posterous.com.

- Easily add photos via email.

- Take videos with your Blackberry, iPhone (or other smartphone) and send straight to Posterous for easy processing and posting.

- Link to your Twitter or Facebook account.

- Very quickly host "discussions" where you can post a question and allow your readers to "discuss" the question via the comments.

Feel free to check out my Posterous account if you want to see how I use it. I keep it light (for the most part) and typically post photos. I have it linked to my Twitter account so each time I post to Posterous, a "tweet" gets sent out notifying my Twitter followers of the new post.

Call or email if I can help you set up your Posterous account today!