As I’ve mentioned a few times in past posts, we have become involved in the Real Estate Bar Camp movement. As defined by its website, RE Bar Camp is “an ad-hoc gathering born from the desire for people to share and learn in an open environment. It is an intense event with discussions, demos, and interaction from attendees.”
Having attended one and signed up for another (Philly, May 27th), here is my stab at the Top 10 Reasons to attend an RE Bar Camp in your area:
1. You will witness real estate experts sharing the secrets of their success. To everyone. For free.
2. You will definitely learn about one new social media site you didn’t know before.
3. You will probably get to meet Jeff Turner.
4. If you are brand new to this social media thing, you will be embraced (Caveat: just bring an open mind with you).
5. If you are a super tech geek black-belt ninja, you will still learn something new.
6. If you have been following people on Twitter who are also attending, you will find 99% of them to be just as great face to face.
7. The pre-event happy hour (sometimes called Beer for Bloggers) is where the real networking and discussion happens.
8. You will learn what whuffie and YEO are. And why both will help your business.
9. You will interact with people. Not brands, speakers, companies, sales pitches, awards or agendas. Real ideas, real people.
10. You will meet real estate agents who love what they do and are proud to be agents.